The new Pocket Colorimeter II is the next generation of pocket colorimeters with improved usability, functionality, and performance. The new product offers:
· 43 unique pocket colorimeters;
· 34 calibrated, method specific instruments and
· a series of generic, user-calibrated models at nine different wavelengths.
The new single wavelength colorimeters offer:
· an improved display with a backlight,
· a menu driven user interface with range/method selection,
· data storage and recall, and count down timer as well as
· user calibration and standard adjust capabilities.
Utilizing the latest in optical technology, the range and precision of the pocket colorimeter has been improved.
The new pocket colorimeter has been redesigned to improve the durability, functionality and performance of the original Pocket Colorimeter. The new design offers a waterproof, IP67-rated enclosure that is rated for 30 minutes at 1 meter deep. The instrument is also capable of floating and has been designed to prevent the cap from being lost with an integrated lanyard.
A new optical design has been implemented to integrate the sample cell holder with the detector and pre amp. This has allowed for greater absorbance range from 1.00 Abs of the original pocket to up to 2.500 Abs. This will allow each new pocket to have a greater measuring range, improved resolution and combines methods such as high and low range into a single instrument.
The user interface for the new Pocket Colorimeter has been improved significantly to allow simple method use, user calibration and standard adjust, range/method selection and identification, and data storage and recall. This interface has been combined with a large LCD display with a backlight function for use in low light conditions.
Besides offering the largest number of parameter specific single wavelength colorimeters, the new Hach Pocket Colorimeter II has three key advantages in colorimetric performance, instrument durability, and data management.
· Performance – Hach’s hand held Pocket Colorimeter has the largest photometric range and best resolution. This allows users of the instrument an extended measuring range and improved precision at the lower end.
· Durability – the new pocket colorimeter is designed with a waterproof, IP67-rated enclosure that allows the instrument to be used in any environment. The new design floats and has a rubber grip for improved handling in inclement weather.
· Data Management – the new colorimeter has a data storage and recall feature that allows users to make multiple measurements in the field without the need for notebooks or pens.
The new Pocket Colorimeter II has many features and benefits including portability, ease of use, and advanced features.
o Small and Light
§ Small enough to fit into a pocket
§ A mere 8 ounces
o Rugged and Waterproof
§ IP67 Rated – 1 meter for 30 minutes
§ Impact resistant industrial design for field use
o Cap cord for instrument light shield – no more lost caps
o Improved Display
§ High resolution LCD
§ Backlight for low light conditions
· Ease of Use
o Intuitive user interface with four button design
o Range/Method indication – know at a glance which range or method operation is in
o Data logging
§ Instrument automatically records the 10 most recent data points (FIFO)
§ Data can be easily recalled – no need to manually record data in the field
o Expanded ranges for some parameters
§ Chromium 0.0-0.7 (old 0.0-0.5)
§ Copper 0.0-5.0 (old 0.0-4.0)
§ Iron, TPTZ 0.0-1.80 (old 0.0-1.20)
· Advanced Features
o Accuracy and Range
§ LED Light source provides long lasting, accurate performance
§ Extended Range – instrument can measure samples up to 2.5 Abs
o User Calibration
§ All pockets accept user calibration
§ Calibrate with up to 10 standards (minimum of 2)
o Standard Calibration Adjust
§ Allows user to fine tune calibration based on specific sample conditions such as colored samples
Based on the highly successful Pocket Colorimeter with enhanced features and superior performance at a competitive price
o Data Storage and Recall to help users manage their data
o Waterproof and Rugged for all weather, go-anywhere use
o Improved optics for wider operating range, lower detection limit, and improved accuracy